The Enneagram: Take this test to see what number you are. http://www.similarminds.com/test.html
I’m a 2. An unhealthy 2 gives because they want to get something back. I have done this work so long that I now give NOTHING, unless I’m absolutely sure that I want nothing in return. A healthy 2 knows what she wants. For years, I just did what YOU wanted me to do. No longer.
Look at the lines above. They mean something. When a 2 is in a BAD place, they travel to 8, and become the challenger, or the boss. When I’m in a good place, I am at 4, the individualist, or the romantic.
I big puffy heart the Enneagram. It unlocked my motivations.
According to the Enneagram, human beings are deeply driven by one of nine motivations:
1) the need to be right
2) the need to be loved and valued
3) the need to be productive and to succeed
4) the need to experience one’s feelings and to be understood
5) the need to understand
6) the need for security
7) the need to be happy and avoid suffering
8) the need to be self-reliant and strong
9) the need for peace and ease
Which one reminds you of yourself?