Yo! Here we go…
My 13 favorite movie lines
…or things you could hear in a Jr. High School…
1. (An Officer And A Gentleman) Foley: In every class, there’s always one joker who thinks that he’s smarter than me. In this class, that happens to be you. Isn’t it, Mayonnaise?
2. (Animal House) Dean Vernon Wormer: The time has come for someone to put his foot down. And that foot is me.
3. (The Right Stuff) Gordon Cooper: You know what makes this bird go up? FUNDING makes this bird go up. Gus Grissom: He’s right. No bucks, no Buck Rogers.
4. (Mr. Holland’s Opus) Vice Principal Wolters: I care about these kids just as much as you do. And if I’m forced to choose between Mozart and reading and writing and long division, I choose long division.
Glenn Holland: Well, I guess you can cut the arts as much as you want, Gene. Sooner or later, these kids aren’t going to have anything to read or write about.
5. (Bull Durham) Crash Davis: You’re gonna have to learn your clichés. You’re gonna have to study them, you’re gonna have to know them. They’re your friends.
6. (Seabiscuit) George Woolf: Wanta know what I think?
Charles Howard: Of course.
George Woolf: I think it’s better to break a man’s leg than his heart.
7. (Angels In America) Joe Pitt: My whole life has conspired to bring me to this place, and I can’t despise my whole life. I think I believed that when I met you, I could save you. You, at least, if not myself.
8. (The Rock) John Mason: I was trained by the best. British intelligence. But in retrospect I would rather have been a poet. Or a farmer.
9. (The Shawshank Redemption) Red: [narrating] I have no idea to this day what those two Italian ladies were singing about. Truth is, I don’t want to know. Some things are best left unsaid. I’d like to think they were singing about something so beautiful, it can’t be expressed in words, and makes your heart ache because of it. I tell you, those voices soared higher and farther than anybody in a gray place dares to dream. It was like some beautiful bird flapped into our drab little cage and made those walls dissolve away, and for the briefest of moments, every last man in Shawshank felt free.
10. (Leap Of Faith) Marva: I believe in life- what it does to you, and what you do back.
11. (Hoosiers) Myra Fleener: Leave him alone, all right? He’s a real special kid and, and I have high hopes for him and… I think if he works really hard, he can get an academic scholarship to Wabash College and can get out of this place.
Coach Norman Dale: Why, do you have something against this place?
12. (The Sound Of Music) Captain von Trapp: It’s the dress. You’ll have to put on another one before you meet the children.
Maria: But I don’t have another one. When we entered the abbey our worldly clothes were given to the poor.
Captain von Trapp: What about this one?
Maria: The poor didn’t want this one.
13. (Ferris Bueller’s Day Off) Economics Teacher: Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?