So, Robman tells me that he is sick and tired of only reading about my runs. I’m like that. I must do something until it is DONE. Currently, I’m fascinated with everything running…shoes, blogs, gear, races. I do remember a knitting phase a few years back, so in honor of Robby, I will refrain from only talking about running today. (The quick and dirty stats are at the END of this post.)
1. John Mayer. Have I said what an amazing man this guy is? I am so glad he came back to blog a bit, and I for one think he is right on.
2. I’m grateful to Starbucks. For the second time in a run this week, I had to race in to use the facilities. We ran the Starbucks to Starbucks run this morning. Sorry, had to throw a bit of running in the mix.
3. Run, Fat Boy Run. This movie was a scream. I loved it on so many levels. The previews looked amazing too, so there are other movies on my list for the summer….
Sex and the City
Son of Rambow
and something else I forget. OHHH Disturbia. I think. I’m too lazy to go and look back on my iPhone because I wrote it down.
4. I cooked waffles and bacon this morning. I know. I usually have the eggbeater/spinach/2% cheese bit with a bowl of oatmeal, applesauce and strawberries…known among a few friends as the Mona oatmeal. But, a guilty pleasure…making homemade waffles from scratch, including whipping the hell out of the egg whites.
5. School starts again tomorrow after Spring Break. I got my job back. Yay! I teach 6 periods of PE and am out at 2:40. What could be better?
6. Note the new Dodger’s Blog on the right. Yep, it’s that time of year again. Go Dodger Blue!
Now, the run. Not pretty, stop and start…but it was overcast and lovely running over the overpasses. The best part of running hills? Coming down.
|Date:||3/30/2008 7:00 AM|
|Course:||Jack Tone/Wilma Overpass|
|Pace:||10:50 / mile|
|Weather:||51° F, Overcast|
|Notes:||Had to stop at Starbucks and then re-start. Would like to try this run again without the pit stop.|
VO2 Max: 26.7