Sick as a dog. Again. My running partner came over at 6am yesterday, and I came out looking grim as death. I was immediately questioning my illness (Can I run? Should I run? Is it that bad if you hurl on a run?) It was the first time that I was jealous of someone else being able to run. We have a code: If my wood blinds are opened, I’m awake; don’t drive away. I wanted to make sure that I could tell her I was sick, and not lazy.
Random thoughts from the weekend:
- I got a job. I’ll be teaching at the High School in a nearby town. In the Continuation School. English. Again. Yes, I’m happy, no relieved that the job search is over. CTG asked me, “Isn’t PE your first love?” Yes, yes. It is. However, I would really like to pay my mortgage, etc. So, I’ll do English. It’s a job. Excitement later.
- Bright Shiny Morning, James Frey. Yes, this is the guy who wrote the non-autobiographical autobiography known as A Million Little Pieces. Over at Feet Meet Street, Nitmos was asking folks about his next book. As much as an English bookie that I am, I wanted to encourage The Count of Monte Cristo, or Franny & Zooey by JD Salinger, but I went with a NYTimes bestseller. Finished it this weekend. Loved it. Made me sad for my Los Angeles.
- Sex and The City. Well girls, there it is. $55 million for the opening weekend. I ponied up my $7 and sat alone in the theatre on a Friday. There were many women there, in groups, alone. When something happened I like, I clapped and hooted and hollered. As did everyone else. It was like one big party where no one really knew each other. I loved every minute of it.
- Robman is finally back after a long, sad, blogless Spring. Okay, well it was only a month, but the man is eloquent. Wordy. One of my best friends.
- The Dodgers are in second place. How does that happen?
- I was too lazy to type it in, but on Friday, we ran 2.34 miles at a 10:09 pace, which as you know my friends, is almost impossible for me. We only wanted to run 2. The Udder Run (on a dairy, in June) is in 2 weeks. Can’t wait.
- Bridezillas. I was so sick yesterday that I watched 2 episodes of the Best of Bridezillas. My STBEX was with me because he was watching the kids, and I said to him, “I wasn’t like that on our wedding day, was I?” He said, “No, it came later.” Note to self~never ask that of him again. It was nice. He helped me a lot. We are good parents. Not good parents together. ***sigh***
- Why is it that the only thing I wanted last night was Fruit Loops, and then when I ate them they tasted like the dusting cleaner, Pledge? I think I had/have some type of flu, and am going to bed promptly.
- Those are my Sacramento Zoo Zoom photos from April. A little late, but there I am.
- Oh, and this is REALLY bizarre. I found this great blogger on wordpress, under the tag DIVORCE. The blog was called *Someone To Watch Over Me*, and I loved how this person wrote. Seems she was writing to an imaginary friend. I subscribed to it, because some of what she wrote I have felt. It was good. I was the one subscriber. Then she had a post *If you are the Bloglines Subscriber*, thinking that it was this GUY she was writing to…then, the Blog was gone. Guess she should know that the blogosphere isn’t a place to really put something out there, unless you know it’s safe. By the way, I wasn’t him. Whatever. *shrug*
That’s it! Hope to be back on my feet tomorrow.