In which I tell you about my lovely day:
- I have the wrong text. The administrator gave me the Junior English text, in which I planned the whole day’s lessons around The Prodigal Son from the anthology.
- No one wants to be there.
- No one will stop talking while I take roll. I kid you not.
- I have no paper for my students. Thankfully, I brought my own.
- The teacher’s lounge copy machine is broken for the summer, so I gleefully went to the Library, where I was informed that I broke the machine because I have the wrong overhead thingy.
- Everyone already read To Kill A Mockingbird. We are reading Farenheit 451. *yawn* That was all that was left.
- Finally, finally. Writing. They had to write from a grade school experience. Some of it was good. Some was not.
- These are Juniors & Seniors, who did not pass Sophomore English. They are not happy campers.
- No one, not one person in the office will show me the paper I need to get copies made.
Since filling out a job application is a standard, tomorrow my favorite Starbucks Barista is coming in to my class. I have 35 applications. She’s bringing coffee. It’s gotta be better than today.
Half Marathon training starts tomorrow with 5x800s. 🙂
PS-Just an aside: I notice that there were no blogs to read on Sunday, yet my bloglines was full today. Runners must run on Sunday, blog on Monday. Eh.