The Half Marathon in Fresno & Clovis is 22 weeks away. We started training last week with Ryan Hall’s Half Marathon Training Plan. It’s only a 10 week plan, so we decided to do half of the miles these ten weeks, then the full program the next ten. Here is my wrap-up for the 2 weeks. It’s Sunday, so confession time as well. And, I’m not even Catholic.
- I’ll get this out of the way first: Last Sunday out in the country, nature called. It called my name LOUDLY, and I had to go in a farmer’s orchard. My running partner ran on ahead, and waited at the next stop. She was the only one who knew. I told one of my other non-running friends, and she sort of looked at me like I had suddenly grown two heads. That was the last time I would tell someone who doesn’t run. I’m gonna have to blog that stuff with you fine people.
- Thought of Razzdoodle today during my first mile, which typically bites (the mile, not thinking of Razzdoodle). It’s when I try to understand why I’m running, why I’m not in bed at 5:30 am on a Sunday.
- We are doing the Short program of Ryan Hall’s training. Which actually feels like a LOT of running, and not short at all.
- I have no idea what TEMPO or SPEED runs mean. I’ll admit that. I’m winging it.
- When it says *4 miles* PLUS a warmup and cooldown mile, I’m like, wait, I’m supposed to run differently?
- I need less salt at night.
- ….and no ice cream at night.
- ….or anything after 7pm if I’m running the next day (see bullet 1)
I leave you with a picture of my backyard, which is where I spend my cooldown, swimming a few laps, sitting in my spa with coffee, cranberry juice and a Luna bar. It’s my own slice of heaven, and the morning glories in my toolbar are in my yard. I took the dogs for a long walk after my run today, and my lab Chet fetched the ball and swam all morning with me. Life is good. Gotta be better than yesterday.