People are idiots. See that little sign? It says icy conditions. That’s the Grapevine from the San Joaquin Valley to Woodland Hills, and my Mother’s house.
I get up there, and I swear, there are ice patches all over the place, and people are driving 80. I was scared to death.
It’s amazing how judgmental I can be, considering I received 2 speeding tickets JUST LAST MONTH, and one right on the Grapevine, to the tune of $400. Include the fact that I did traffic school in November, and you have an increase of $100 on your insurance bill.
But, I digress.
Here’s the Santa watch countdown for today.
- Boys, in all their glory with their older cousins playing Smackdown on the Wii.
- Christmas music on K-EARTH 101. I listened to oldies when I was in High School. The oldies Christmas program is fantastic.
- As I’m typing: Elvis, Blue Christmas.
- Current conditions in Woodland Hills: Sunny & 50 degrees.
- Current conditions in Ripon: 36 & Cloudy
- My Mom. A saint. Runs over to my niece’s house to retrieve 2 more Wii controllers, so that all the cousins can play.
- My middle sister and her husband, owners of the very successful wine bar in Ventura County…drinking eggnog, playing Scrabble.
- Qi: A word that continues to haunt us all. We can never remember which dictionary has it.
- Magi: Who knew it was proper noun? Not me, obviously.
- My youngest sister’s daughter, who in her teen-age rebellion, and to my sister’s dismay…got a tattoo of a 4″x4″ cupcake on her forearm.
- Bride niece, who is FREAKING OUT because Cupcake Niece is in her wedding in June.
- Oh, couple that with the fact that we can’t show the tattoo to my Dad, because he will FREAK OUT too, and you have all the makings of a most crazy and fun family get together!!
- …and I wouldn’t trade any of it.
Should be a fun weekend!!!!!