Jobs I have applied for:
- waitress at the truck stop
- store manager of the tractor supply company
- banking (various-teller, loan officer)
- any and all teaching jobs in 3 counties (there was 1)
Things on my mind:
- Why is one sleeve of Girl Scout Thin Mints not enough?
- Dodgers: No pitching staff, yet. No Manny, yet. I’m not amused.
- No. It’s not a good thing to date your ex, unless it’s a date, and not a sleepover.
- I’m not ready to date. but, soon. Maybe by Christmas. Of 2010.
- My house. No job, no restructuring on the joint. The trifecta of crap.
Running thoughts on yesterday’s 4.5 miler in the mist & howling wind:
- The Beast: Over the Wilma overpass, 30mph winds. I couldn’t even look up; I just looked down and matched Kim’s footsteps beat for beat. Overall 10:52 pace, but it was brutal.
- High School Runners: if only I had started then.
- The wind: great on the way out, insanely difficult on the way back. We even tried to run backward at one point.
- It rains before we run, and after we run. Not during.
- I love how people stare at you like you’re crazy when you run in the elements…and you stare back, like…”Yeah. I’m out here. What’s it to you?”
- Thank you City of the Almond Blossoms for an open restroom at 5pm.
- I should have stopped a mile ago.
Wednesday. Yay for me. On the other hand, only 9 more weeks until I have no more job. Not so good.
Nike Women’s Marathon registration opened today, and in some sick impulsive move, and with a click of the mouse… I applied for the lottery. 🙂