I just looked at the calendar. A week from tomorrow is my very first Half Marathon, as if I haven’t talked about it enough.
I’m ignoring my schedule, and trying to rig up my iPod for the best music ever. I’ve taken out some dogs (Boogie Shoes, Maroon 5), and added some music I’ve gotten from around the blogosphere…(What is love? From Razzdoodle…great song…and Xenia’s whole playlist from a week or so ago.)
Here are my top 13.1 favorite running songs. Ever. Well, 13 actually.
- Ain’t Goin’ Down till the Sun Comes Up-Garth Brooks (serious ass kicking fun)
- Anchors Aweigh (yes, I’m patriotic like that…)
- Venus (Bananarama extended version)
- Beautiful Day-U2 (Who couldn’t run to that) …actually anything by U2.
- Lose Yourself-Eminem
- Candyman-Christina Aguilera.
- Cocaine Blues-Johnny Cash
- Dueling Banjos-Deliverance Soundtrack (ignore the gruesome mental images)
- Give It 2 Me (Paul Oakenfold Edit Rmx)-Madonna
- A Little Less Conversation-Elvis Presley
- Real-Goo Goo Dolls
- Incredible-Clique Girlz
- Hold On-Mere
Okay. I’ll think about taper week tomorrow…but for now…can you help a girl with her playlist?
PS–I’m now hooked on Blip! (See top Sticky Post)