Is it the upcoming Half Mary? Is it the wind? Is the chocolate?
I woke up with a raging case of restlessness. I’m on vacation, Kim is not…so we are running tonight when she gets home. Just a four miler on the plan…
I just got an alert that we are expected to have up to 40mph winds…but really I just needed to look outdoors. My oldest and I were having a ping pong tournament, and, well that was my excuse for losing.
So, here are some random thoughts. Actually, I’m truly thinking in bullet points this morning. I don’t want to address the news, because it’s all bad. Little girl was murdered 20 miles from me…and while I’m temporarily relieved the suspect (a woman) is in jail, it does not ease my fears when my boys and their friends want to go for a bike ride down by the river.
- I’m scanning my computer now. I got me a Trojan Horse.
- I have way too much chocolate around this house. This was exactly why I avoided going to Woodland Hills this week…I thought my mother would have way too much good food. Turns out, you can get good food in Northern CA, too.
- I wonder if I could ever give up Twitter. No. That is a No. Sort of similar to the day I realized I was an alcoholic. Last night I realized that, while Facebook was relatively easy to delete, the TweetDeck sound is like crack for a geekaholic.
- I went on eharmony. I did. I filled out their stupid profile, and here was the result: I was labeled emotionally stable, and not so outgoing. Then someone wanted an “introduction”, and I promptly deleted any and all reference to eharmony. Me? Emotionally stable. I literally did laugh. out. loud.
- Jobs. There are 26000 teachers out of work. Who is going to hire a 27 year veteran, with a MS+90, (read: far end of the pay scale), when there are perfectly good college grads waiting to be scooped up?
- Marketing: To answer that question, I will just have to market myself. Give me a salt shaker. I can make a 2 week lesson plan, hitting all the standards in all the subject areas. Yeah, I’m talented like that.
- Holy Shit. I’m running a Half Marathon on Sunday. Holy Shit.