…and so it came to pass.
The affair that leveled me six weeks ago…it no longer has the punch, the pow, the pain that it did.
This I know:
- Affairs are not about sex. They are about feeling cared for. Oh, and sex.
- You can apologize over and over for the wrong done, but truly…time and changed behavior will tell the truth.
- You can’t always get redemption from the people who need to give it to you. When I confronted her, I said, “You can’t even say you’re sorry?” No, no she couldn’t. And yet, I still heal.
- The people involved have to carry a burden all on their own, no matter how much they blame you.
- That even if you go to church, profess to be a prayer warrior, and act holy, you can still be a bitch and sleep with other peoples’ husbands.
This I did:
- Laced up my shoes when I didn’t want to (after 2 weeks of no running)
- I ran 20 miles, and for 2 of them, cursed and spit and slapped and punched
- I started eating again, and not M&Ms. Good stuff, like protein and carbs.
- I held my head up in town, when I very well could have stayed in my house.
- I realize that when this happens in a very small town, people want to know. They do. And then, one day no one cares about it anymore, thank God.
This is what I think about as I approach 9 days until Marathon.
- If I can get through marathon training for six months, I can certainly walk through this nightmare…and I have, and I am.
- I only have to run 26.2 miles next week.
- I can do this. I’m ready. It’s not about the necklace or the time or the firemen. It’s about completing the marathon…coming across the finish line.
- I have wonderful Twitter, Blogger & Family & Friend peeps who supported this journey…both monetarily & emotionally.
Tears. They are stopping, day by day. Carry on.
Good luck to Chicago & Long Beach marathoners this weekend!!