NorCal Marathon here I come. September 18. Training starts June 1. Flat, and through San Jose. It’s a first time mary, so it will have its kinks. No worries. No Social Network to get me moving. This one’s all me.
Training Plan: Hanson Plan
Weeks in Plan: 18
I ran another 5K this morning, this time 1:30 minutes faster. I need some time to build my base. I’m shooting for all 4 milers next week, and dropping the poundage that has crept up on me. (I’m not training, yet I’m eating like I’m training)
Join me on marathon #5!!
To all my friends and family: Sorry in advance for my non-stop talk about running. Bear with me.
Factors in picking my next marathon
- Expense: I had to local. I had to stay NORCAL. $80 is just right.
- Time: I need time to recover so I can come back to LA strong in March.
- Getting back on the horse: Filling out an entry blank. Just do it.
- Travel: No travel, no stress. San Jose is about 1.5 hours away.
- Summer Training: Keep busy-No job prospect gives me too much time to think.
- Size: I’m anticipating a small field. Training will be solo. Racing will be solo.
- NIKE: Didn’t get in to NIKE. If I want to run, I’ll be fundraising with TNT
- Free Training: I like the Hanson plan, but the word Free means something too.
- BQ: It’s a first run marathon, but it’s getting certified. This is good.
- Lots of time to build my base: 1 month.