I just went to my first biker event. I’m an English teacher. A marathoner. A Single mom. 52 years old. And, I’m in love with Harley Guy. Yet, I have no primer on how to be a biker chick. I thought you had to have tattoos and wear risque clothes. Not so much:
- First of all, you wave at other bikers. Except at biker’s events. Because you’d be waving all the damn time.
- You need common sense to ride. You need a jacket when it’s cold. Very simple.
- Don’t lean when he’s at a stop sign. You’ll be going over.
- If your man wants the bottom floor of the motel, it’s not because it’s the best room. It’s so he can keep his eyes on the bike. Deal with it.
- You can wear hot clothes. But, you can only wear them for your man.
- He gets the table. You walk into a restaurant, and every hostess looks to you, because you always get the table you want. Not so fast. She talks to him. She takes us to the table…and if you have a good man, he looks at you and says “Is this okay baby?”
- If you’re cold, or hot…he will pull over and get the clothes/jackets that you need.
- He may like tattoos. He may have one. Or two. But what he likes on you is for you…to be a lady.
- You don’t drag this man through a crowd. You don’t walk ahead on your own. Because, actually, you are in a relationship. Be in one. Stop being all independent. You’re in a relationship.
- I saw one lady dressing down her man in front of other men. This is. No. Good.
Sound like the 50s?…if so, bring back the good times. I’m pretty happy. This is all new for me. No more Miss Independent. I’m in love…with a real man.