If I had a dollar for every diet I’ve ever done, I would have as many dollars as there are diets. In the world.
- I did Weight Watchers. As a 25 year old. We had to eat liver. I never tasted it once.
- I did a liquid diet thing when I was teacheing. All the teachers had liquid diet cups at all the teachers’ meetings. There were no more doughnuts. Only plastic cups of goop, and long lines for the bathroom.
- Weight Watchers in 1990. I became a LifeTime Member. I was happy. I felt amazing. But, I had a boyfriend who would shake my thighs even if I had a bit of ice cream. I was looking for approval. I couldn’t get thin enough. And I weighed 150.
- I knew that I had a compulsive eating problem, and joined Overeaters Anonymous. I tried. I really did. But, I just couldn’t commit my food. Plus work the steps. I mean, come on.
- I got pregnant after 90 days of OA abstinence. I had a baby. Then. Went back to Weight Watchers. Again. Lost weight. I could eat pie while nursing and still lose weight. It was a win!!
- I had another baby and was as big as a house. I mean, almost 250 pounds with a bedrest pregnancy. After that pregnancy, I did Body for Life. I ate only chicken breasts and apples. I lost weight, and I started weight lifting. I liked it. But my food choices were limited.
- Periodically, I would join Weight Watchers. Again and again. And, it always worked. But. I got lazy. Stopped writing things down, which is of course the key to success.
- Jenny Craig. Ick to the max. I got the free trial. Hurlific. Plus, you can’t buy their stuff anywhere. It’s like you have to go to the secret freezer in their center to get it. You can’t know what’s in it, and you can’t buy it anywere except there.
- I joined Weight Watchers this summer..ent one time, then stopped. And since then? I’ve gained 7 pounds. Seriously, I have a food love. A problem, if you will. I eat for many reasons, and some of them not for nutrition. But you know it’s the best program around.
Today, I went back. I stayed for the meeting. The meeting I hate because of the inane clapping and hooting and getting a little sticker on your book. BUT. I want to run another marathon, and I simply cannot run…no, I will NOT run at this weight. So, instead of training for the next 2 months, I will be losing this weight…slowly but surely.
And then. I will run that 26.2. Again.