2011 was the year that I accepted my limitations. And just as soon as I accepted those, I was given wings to attempt another marathon.
632 miles. That’s what I ran this year. Sounds like a lot, except last year I nearly topped 1000, and did 900 the year before that. I stopped running after the LA Marathon.
Here’s the year…in recap:
- In January, I had a new boyfriend. I hadn’t had a relationship of any significance for 4 years, so all my posts were about this. Yeah. Right in the middle of training for marathon #4
- February, I was worried about my job, which I eventually lost.
- March brought the Los Angeles Monsoon Marathon, which I was really happy with. I have finally accepted that I’m a 6 hour marathoner. But to finish THIS particular marathon in 6 hours was a new level of badassness. It was 6:04, and I was thrilled.
- In April, I attempted the Pinnacle One Mile Road Race in Fresno. I won $30! I also gave up Twitter, and went on a 30 day Facebook Cleanse with Harley Guy. I committed to the NorCal marathon in September. But, I didn’t do it.
- Because I love TNT, and I wanted to run the Nike Women’s Marathon (half), I joined and ran the 10K Dala Horse Trot in May, at a pitiful 11:46 pace. A week later, I ran the Stockton 5K Rotary Run. I was trying to raise money.
- June was the Bass Lake 5K, and our annual Udder Run, and I won first place in my AG. Out of 2, or 3. Still. I don’t sneer at a small race field. I was out there. I fell in love with Pinterest, and Harley Guy and I made it 6 months.
- July brought Jack Bogart to our family, and while in Virginia, I convince my cousin to run her first 5K, the YMCA Virginia Beach 5K. At this point in my running career, I was walking. I gained weight. I wasn’t in the mood.
- August brought running to a screeching halt, as I got a job teaching High School English. Online. And, while it’s been an adjustment both financially and in a time management way, August had me burning the candle at both ends trying to figure the whole thing out.
- September found me in court, standing up for myself. At last.
- The Nike Women’s Marathon Race that I’ve done for 3 years was in October. A nice 13.1 stroll, sometimes running, sometimes walking…taking pictures, enjoying the sights.
- There were no races in November, but I finally settled on Marathon #5, which will be San Luis Obispo on April 22, 2012. Good numbers
- The CIM Relay team “We Run This Town” had a blast in December.
Finally. In Mid December, I picked a Marathon Training Plan, using the Hanson model. I started training, and for 3 weeks, I got stronger. I lost 7 pounds on purpose, and started clicking off the miles. Harley Guy and I made it a year, and planned 2012. I still struggle in relationships. I get scared. I push, and still MsV sometimes raises her ugly head. But. For the most part, I am centered in my recovery.
632 miles. 2885 lifetime.
It’s definitely a journey. And. I’m not done yet. 2012 is not just mine. It’s yours, mine, and ours. Welcome.