So. Here I am at the end of 6 days of running. God. I love the Hanson plan. It’s mind-numbing…and I need that right now. It’s not, “Shall I run today?”, but “How many miles am I running today?” Like, there is no discourse in my head about if, but when.
Cliff Notes for 30.3 miles this week:
- Running 6 x 800s on a treadmill at 10:00 pace is a little sketchy when you have to pay attention to not falling off the thing.
- If you put a Nuun tablet in a bottle of water, it may very nearly explode.
- Out and back. Out and back. Two 4 milers.
- 6 Miles does not necessarily mean you have to stop at 3, walk and drink. There were lessons to be learned this week about sipping as you go.
- Paces. They are there for a reason. Because by the time you get to LSD, you’d better understand what MP + :45 feels like.
- Half Marathon Pace is easier to run when you are not crying.
- Running lunch break, taken at 10am, is easier to fathom than 3pm.
- Old Lady hunched over her walker says to me, “I wish I could still do that.” Gratitude.
- Some music needs to be taken the hell off the iPod.
- Wave. At everyone. One day this week, I waved like a lunatic at every car. It helped.
- The Dollar Store knee high socks work great for arm warmers, but not as good as Zensah.