There’s a reason for this YouTube. It was the song I was listening to as I started my kick in today’s race. I laughed so hard, and I was about to puke, so I wanted to put it on the blog tonight.
The top picture is Kim and I after the race. On our way home. We had forgotten to take a picture, so we asked a wandering walker to snap one. (they don’t snap anymore, do they.)
Here are my stats:
|Date:||8/9/2008 8:30 AM|
|Course:||Susan B Anthony Run|
|Pace:||10:30 / mile|
|Shoe:||ASICS 2130 Pink (1)|
|Field Placement:||196 / 392 (50%)|
|Age group:||45 – 49|
|Group Placement:||23 / 33 (69.7%)|
|Gender Placement:||196 / 392 (50%)|
VO2 Max: 27.9
The second picture is actually what my kitchen table looked like this morning. Map to Sacramento, iPod shuffle, Sports Beans and LA Hat. I even have an LA shirt on in the top pic. *cough* Today, they were a half of a game back. C’mon guys. We’ve only waited 20 years.
Race. Back to the race
- This will fall under TMI, but I hadn’t gone to the bathroom in 2 days. I ate tons of fruit, pasta, etc. Nuthin. So, I got up real early today to get things moving with a bowl of oatmeal. I know runners get this over-talking about bowels, etc. I’m in good company.
- Got on the road 6am. To the race at 7:30 or so. Lots of pink (see post below). Stinkin’ cool Marathon Girl sportskirt. Didn’t run in it, just was super cute, and wore it later today. The shirt was really cute.
- The race: I said I would start out very slowly. I did just that, and had a fabulous first mile, which is so unusual for me. I usually get so amped up, that I’m wiped out by the first turn.
- First three songs: We’ll Be Together, STING; I Hate Myself for Loving You, Joan Jett & The Blackhearts, She Came in through the Bathroom Window, The Beatles. I have a policy that I get what I get on the first three, but I did have to change the last one after two slow ones. The next one I got was Alright Now, which I just blogged about a few days ago. I pictured the catwalk.
- This lady, approximately 70+ years old. A half block ahead of me. I never caught her. I think she might even have had an ankle brace. At one point we were together, but I think she beat me.
- As usual, out of nowhere, a stinkin’ kid flew right by me.
- The third mile was tough due to my GI problems. Then, this chick comes out of nowhere. We race together around 2.5. She was relentless. So was I. I dug in. Kicked. Hard. We have the same exact time. And, we’re both 49. I love the end. It’s why I run.
- Then, I almost hurled after I stopped. This has never happened.
- I saw one of the elite runners (who won my age division with a 19 minute mile) and asked if she won again! She and I got to talking because Kim and I are making a Ripon Running club. LOL Membership: 2. She asked me to join her team. I said, “I’m not very good, I’m not fast at all.” She assured me that there are a variety of runners on the team. It made me feel good. She told me if I hurled at the end, it meant I was a serious runner. That is so funny.
- Kim and I went to Fleet Feet. Just to look. He looked at my NEW Asics (Pink), and I told him my heel hurt. He looked at my arches. I swear we were there forever. I tried on 5 pair of shoes, and ran in the store. I really wasn’t shoe shopping. Then he brought out these: Oh.My. I ran in them. It felt as if I was running on a cloud. I walked out less one C note in my wallet, and I’m thrilled with them (Mizuno Wave Renegade 4)
- We ate at a corner diner. Came home, watching the Olympics, ready to sleep after working again in my classroom this afternoon.
Sacramento’s runs are gorgeous. Old trees, park, street. Had a ball. Half Marathon training starts Tuesday. Yikes.